Where Is Soaring Eagle Lodge Alaska
Soaring Eagle Lodge is located on the Kenai Peninsula in what is considered South Central Alaska. We’re 3.5 hours South of Anchorage.
Directions to Soaring Eagle Lodge
It’s easy to get here and you’ll travel through some of the most picturesque towns in the state! Soaring Eagle is a short drive from the small towns of Homer, Ninilchik, Kenai, Kasilof, Soldotna, Sterling, Cooper Landing, Hope and Seward. Each of these small communities offers a unique Alaskan experience.
How Far Is The Drive From Anchorage
When you stay at Soaring Eagle, you’ll land in Anchorage where a reserved rental car will be waiting for you. The drive to your cottage will take somewhere between 3.5hrs to 4hrs.
Is The Drive to Soaring Eagle Lodge Nice
The drive is spectacular, so plan extra time to get here so you can really absorb the mesmerizing beauty of the Kenai Peninsula. To help you plan all the finer details, your Adventure Coordinator will send you a detailed itinerary that includes your arrival in Anchorage.
Staying in Anchorage
Most of our guests decide to fly into Anchorage a day early, spend the night, and head up to Soaring Eagle the next morning. Rental cars are generally available starting at 9 am (unless specified otherwise). Similarly, it’s recommended to stay in Anchorage the night before returning home. A variety of different hotels in Anchorage provide shuttle service to the airport, making it super easy to catch your flight on time.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
- Hampton Inn Anchorage
- Anchorage Marriott Downtown
- SpringHill Suits Anchorage University Lake
- Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown
- The Voyager Inn
- Dimond Center Hotel
- Comfort Suites Anchorage International Airport
What Is Covered With The Rental Car?
When you choose to book a rental car with us, it is covered for a 7-day period with Enterprise. We will send you a confirmation once your car rental is complete with Enterprise. Since Soaring Eagle Lodge will take care of your car rental, your car rental reservation will NOT be available to review online with Enterprise. Rates vary depending on the time of year, duration of the rental (if contracted longer than 7-days), and type of rental.
Soaring Eagle Lodge gets you the best possible discount on all car rentals.
Daily rates and gas costs are not covered past the 7-day reservation. If rental cars are returned after the return time, guests are required to cover those costs.
Driving Directions from Anchorage – Driving Time is 4 Hours
- Depart airport area in easterly direction on ‘International Airport Road’
- Continue east approximately 5 or 6 miles until you reach Highway 1 which is the ‘New Seward Highway”
- Do NOT turn at the ‘Old Seward Highway” — continue past it to the new highway.
- Turn right heading south on the New Seward Highway and follow the map
- Only thing to watch for is the intersection or Y at the Seward and Sterling Highway
- Turn right to Homer/Soldotna and Soaring Eagle Lodge.
- Turn left to Seward and Kenai Fjords National Park , etc.
- To continue to Soaring Eagle Lodge stay on the Sterling Highway all the way, Proceed to and through Soldotna.
- Cross the Kenai River as you depart Soldotna — Soaring Eagle is about another 50 minutes from there.
- Continue to the city of Ninilchik — we are about 10 minutes from there.
- Watch for mile markers on the right side and get to mile marker 142
- We are at 142.7 and there is a sign out front — watch for the blue roofs— long drive way — with a black open gate
Call Mike Flores (Owner) at 907.398.3517 if you encounter any problems and/or
to advise of your anticipated arrival time.
Driving Directions from Kenai | Driving Time is 50-55 minutes
- Depart airport parking lot
- Head south past the old jet airplane in front for about 1/4 mile
- Pass the Home Depot store on your right
- Turn right at the stop light which is the “Kenai Spur Road”
- Go about 1/4 mile and turn left (southerly) at the next stop light. This is “Bridge Access Road”
- Stay on this road 3.2 miles — you will cross the Kenai River on a bridge
- Go to first stop light and turn right (westerly) — this is “ Kalifornsky Beach Road”
- Follow this road 16.1 miles until it ends at Sterling Highway
- Turn right and go 32.4 miles to the driveway of Soaring Eagle Lodge
- This is after mile marker 142 — actually 142.7
- There is a sign out front on the property
And watch for moose and the
Alaska State Troopers
Soaring Eagle Lodge Fishing & Adventures LLC
22185 Sterling Highway
Ninilchik, AK 99639